2M Hermetic Micro-Miniature Connectors
Amphenol 2M Hermetic Connectors offer superior sealing in a smaller and lighter package while offering the same durability of MIL-DTL-38999 connectors. At less than half the size and weight of 38999 ancestors you don't have to sacrifice ruggedness. 2M meets or exceeds most environmental and performance requirements listed in MIL-DTL-38999.
Features & Benefits:
- Provide superior sealing of 1x10-8 cc/sec helium, 100% tested prior to shipping
- Low profile shells for minimum box protrusion
- Less than half the weight and size of similar MIL-DTL-38999
- Multiple coupling technologies, including tri-start, push-pull, bayonet, and dual start
- Intermateable with Glenair's Mighty Mouse
- "Anti-Decoupling" ratchet mechanism and ground spring for military airframes and avionics boxes. Fast Mating
- Shell Standoffs for PC Board washout
- How many Contacts?
Consider including a number of redundant contacts to accommodate any system developments you have planned for the future, or to comply with specified growth provisions.
- What are the electrical requirements?
Work out a steady state and peak requirement for both the current and voltage.
- Will your Glass-to-Metal Sealing be under any pressure?
Depending on the medium (for example, oil, water, or a vacuum) there may be a pressure differential to consider. Glass-to-Metal Sealing (GTMS) can be supplied in multi-pin preforms or, for high pressure applications in individual glass beads.
- How will your GTMS be attached?
Will it be secured with a standard O-ring, for example, or welded in place?
- What are your cable interface requirements?
Be sure to include any instructions for screen termination, potting requirements, and/or cable strain relief.
- Do you require custom functionality?
If you have any specific requirements, such as electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) filters or printed circuit board (PCB) mounting, make sure they are included in your design specification.
- What are your plating requirements?
We offer a wide range of in-house plating options, including tin, nickel, and hard and soft gold. We can also customize the plating to meet any special requirements. Note that gold-plated solder contacts should either be desoldered before installation or appropriate plating thickness specified, to avoid solder embrittlement.
- Are there any environmental factors?
If your application will be operating in a harsh or hostile environment (exposed to shock, vibration, thermal changes or extreme temperatures, for example) these will need to be factored into the design.
- What are the qualification requirements?
If qualification tests are required, these should be discussed and specified during the design phase. We are able to perform most qualification tests on the appropriate levels of assembly.
- What testing will you need?
Examples include leak testing, pressure testing, and geometrical and electrical testing; including breakdown, voltage, and insulation resistance of finished parts.
- Cabling and wiring too?
If you would like to extend your brief to include your cabling and wiring requirements, we can address those as well.
Flange Mount and Jam Nut