432-Channel 100G Fiber Optic L2/L3 Managed Liquid Cooled Rugged Ethernet Switch
Amphenol’s Rugged 432-Channel 100G Ethernet Switch Box is liquid cooled and configurable for system connectivity, speeds, port types, and interoperation with various high-speed media converters and connectors for system interfacing.
Each fiber optic port is capable of 100G-Base-SR4, 40G-Base-SR4, 25G-Base-SR, 10G-Base-SR and 1G-Base-SX. In Amphenol’s state of the art communications testing center, the switch box is aggressively tested at line rates to RFC 2889 for switching and RFC 2544 for L2/L3 performance, latency, packet forwarding, and other key items.
The switch is manufactured using derivatives of Amphenol’s MIL-DTL-38999 Series connectors. These connectors contain standard AS39029 qualified Size 22D contacts and 48F MT Ferrule Fiber Optic contact assemblies. The MT ferrules are used for fiber optic Ethernet ports and the AS39029 style contacts are used for power inputs and management functions.
Features & Benefits:
- 432 fiber optic non-blocking switched Ethernet ports capable of 100G-Base-SR4, 40GBase-SR4, 25G-Base-SR, 10G-Base-SR and 1G-Base-SX protocols.
- Switch is made of two independently powered halves of 216 channels that form a monolithic switch when both powered.
- Two independent power inputs and supplies through J1 and J2. Each has a 270VDC input and can supply 12VDC @ 1300 Watts through both an EMI filter and COTS DC/DC regulator compliant with the mil-spec. Each power circuit supplies half of the switch.
- Two independent, but matrixed, 25G fiber optical managed Ethernet switch systems. Each switch system has its own management processor, 25G (50G line rate capable) switch, and 18X 12x12 transceivers for a total of 5.4Tbps non-blocking 25G Ethernet switching. Each side has a switched 2Tbps copper connection to the other side through 80X 50G channels between the two switches. When utilized as one system, the overall switch as 432-25G Ethernet ports for a total of 10.8Tbps non-blocking Ethernet switching. The two management processors have a side band 1G Ethernet connection for inter-switch communication (master / slave / status) and PCI-express connections to the switches. Finally, each management processor has a dedicated 1GBase-T and RS-232 port for management as well as discretes.
- Built in test functionality for power up, initiated, and continuous operation.
- Host management processor